Monday, September 7, 2009

So much to talk about, so little time

Where do I begin? Life has been so fast and hectic lately that it's hard to find time to sit in front of the computer and write down my thoughts. This will be a longer post than normal since I have so much to cram in.


Since my last post Hailey passed the 2 month mark and I can already tell she is growing up too fast. At her 2 month check up she weighed 10lbs./2oz. and gained a few more inches. It also happened to be the visit where she would receive her first round of shots. Frankie wasn't too worried but I knew it was going to be emotional for me and Hailey. Our nurse was so sweet and reassuring but I was still a little nervous for Hailey.


The calm before the storm. Such a sweet girl.IMG_0997.jpg


Prepping for the shot.IMG_1001.jpgNow this is where even Frankie starts to get a little upset at the site of his little girl crying. I could tell he wanted to pick her up so badly and take her pain away.IMG_1005.jpgMom's there to make her feel all better.IMG_1006.jpg


I only had to work an half-day after the doctor's visit so rather than drive to daycare and drop her off, I decided to let Hailey come with me to work so my co-workers could finally meet her.


She was a big hit with Kobi.DSC_0435.JPG


I think the shots made Hailey a bit sleepy. She fell asleep in Mary's arms.DSC_0439.JPGThe good news that came out of the doctor's visit was that Hailey could now go the whole night without us having to wake her up to feed her. No more 2:00 feedings...yay!


Hailey seems to like it too. And she loves her Miracle Blanket. A must-have for newborns. Thanks again Amie!DSC_0491.JPG


Now Saturday mornings we can sleep in a little. I went to go get her a bottle and when I came back, Frankie already has her watching ESPN.DSC_0478.JPGFrankie had a tee time scheduled so I thought it would be a good chance for me to take Hailey on her first trip to the mall. I think I may be in trouble as it was my goal to find some new work clothes for me but I ended up buying Hailey 12 new outfit for next summer. DSC_0468.JPGHailey just got out of the bath and Frankie thought her head might be a little cold so we got out her cap she wore in the hospital. After she ate she was out like a light.DSC_0520.JPGI know it's hard to tell from the picture but Hailey likes to coo and smile whenever we play together. She melts our hearts every time. People tell Frankie to watch out not to let her wrap him around her finger but I think she already has.IMG_1062.jpg

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the update. So good to see you guys doing so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! LOVE the update! :) My precious niece is growing up sooo fast and I can't wait to see her again. The pic of her watching ESPN - haha! I know life is hectic and I appreciate you keeping us up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She misses you too. We'll have everyone over soon.

    ReplyDelete